“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.” Victor Hugo…
Music. It’s a magical thing. It lifts our spirits when we are sad, calms our soul when we are angry, and allows the tears to flow when we need to cry. Music can also provide us with inspiration. We choose our music based on what speaks to us. Whether it’s the lyrics, the melody, or how the song makes us feel. Music provides a temporary escape from reality. Music allows us to express ourselves and get in touch with our emotions. There is always that one song that when you hear it, you have to stop and listen. No matter where you are. It’s the song that just speaks to you and sums up everything going on in your life at that moment, good or bad. Research shows that music helps us think about who we are, who we would like to be and how to carve our own path.
Today I’m sharing with you 15 songs to calm your soul. These songs will help calm you down, help you breathe and make you get up and dance your way to a better mood. Some of these are my personal favorites and others were suggested by friends when asked for their feedback.
Put on your headphones, settle in and turn the music up.
15 Songs to Calm Your Soul
- “Dreamgirl” – Dave Matthews Band
- “Thy Will Be Done” – Hillary Scott
- “Me Too” – Meghan Trainor
- “Believe In Me” – Michelle Williams
- “Rise” – Katy Perry
- K-Love Radio – playing all your greatest Christian hits
- “Want to Want Me” – Jason DeRulo
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
- “St. Elmo’s Fire” – John Parr
- “Wannabe” – Spice Girls
- “Geronimo” – Sheppard
- “Stitches” – Shawn Mendes
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” – Justin Timberlake
- “Put Your Records On” – Corinne Bailey Rae
- “Whistle (While You Work It)” – Katy Tiz
What are your favorite songs to listen to? Let us know in the comments!