It is possible to have great sex after menopause?
Ever since you can remember, your aunt has been there for you. She’s like your best friend. She’s 55 and divorced, lots of fun, and now….has a new boyfriend. Oh, and you know she already went through menopause. “Wait”, you think to yourself, “Does she still have a sex life?”
The answer is YES! As difficult as it may be to imagine for you, a millennial woman, sex does exist after menopause.
Maybe you have heard awful things about menopause. It makes you envision yourself as an old lady who only bakes cookies. “That’s how it is after menopause”, you assume, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
All females go through menopause at a certain point in their life. There are changes in the body that make women’s periods stop for good and they are no longer able to get pregnant naturally. Those changes include their sex life, but it doesn’t have to be for the worse! It is true that after menopause women can experiment variations in their sexuality, for example:
- It takes them longer to get aroused
- They may feel dryness in their vagina
- They don’t want sex as often
- Orgasms may feel different
Some women even have unhelpful beliefs like, “I should not be having sex at my age”, “What would people think if they knew I still yearned for sex?”, “Sex is only for young people”. These assumptions will interfere with their sex life after menopause.
So then, what is the good side to all this? Well, sex can get even better after menopause, because:
- Now you can do the deed without worrying about an unplanned pregnancy. Some women find this incredibly liberating.
- You can focus on a long foreplay without feeling the overwhelming urge to orgasm NOW.
- You are less self-conscious about your body than when you were younger, which makes you more relaxed during sex.
- No need to put off sex because of your period. Now it’s a thing of the past!
- Many men find older women sexier than their younger counterparts, which you can use to your advantage if you are looking for a boyfriend.
- After a certain age, chances are your children are grown and maybe out of the house. No little ones scurrying around while you have a session between the sheets!
Finally, get rid of any negative expectations you may have about a sex life after menopause. Now you know it can be awesome! And by the way, congrats to your aunt! I bet she’s having the time of her life with her new man.
I look forward to your thoughts on this! Please leave your comments below.