Ayurveda is an ancient healing system from India. The basic premise is to keep the body in good health by staying in balance in body, mind, and spirit.
Proper eating habits and digestion are an integral part of this system. Living in harmony with nature as well as partaking in the natural remedies it has to offer is an important concept in Ayurveda. Although every Ayurvedic practice and recipe is too numerous to mention in this space. An easy to find, natural, and healthy product can aid you in many aspects of your health, coconut oil. Here is a list of five Ayurvedic ways to use coconut oil.
5 Ayurvedic Uses For Coconut Oil
- As a Skin Moisturizer – Since it has cooling properties, you can use coconut oil on your face to make skin softer or treat various skins ailments such as, acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, and burns. You can also use it as a full body moisturizer. If you put it on your skin before you shower, the warm water causes the pores to open up so the oil can soak into your skin
- As a Toothpaste – Coconut oil can clean and whiten teeth. Do not spit the coconut oil in the sink. Spit into a bag. You don’t want the oil to harden and clog up your pipes.
- For Healthy Hair – Massage coconut oil onto to the scalp and spread through hair to the ends. After allowing it to sit for 20 minutes, rinse out with or without shampoo. Personally, I prefer without shampoo. Coconut oil can be used to treat dandruff, promote growth and silky hair.
- For Weight Loss and Digestion – Adding a tablespoon to a shake or cooking with it can help lessen belly fat. Coconut oil can help in digestion by promoting growth of probiotics. It also has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties that fight parasites and bacteria while assisting in absorbing nutrients.
- Joint Pain – Coconut oil can be rubbed into joints and can help with arthritis.
To make your own coconut oil toothpaste:
For more information about coconut oil:
For more, check out www.sameenakmughal.com. Also, check out Shaherazade;s Daughters and The Siddiqui Brothers in Cairo, both available on www.Amazon.com.