Are you living off Ramen noodles, dreams and an ever-draining bank account? Don’t worry, you aren’t alone…
Listen, being broke sucks. I know, you probably know, we’ve all been there. I’m pretty lucky. While I may only have $67.71 to my name right now, a late car payment and champagne taste on a beer budget, I’m lucky enough to have family that won’t ever let me go hungry or homeless. As with most college kids though, my tuition is ridiculous as are most of my living expenses. Without further adieu, here’s what it feels like to be a broke college student.
1. You wait until the very last minute to order your textbooks.
Who needs a $100 textbook anyway, right?
2. Spending money is actually painful.
Yet, you somehow still do it.
3. Social life? What’s that?
Less money, less fun.
4. Payday is like Christmas.
There’s nothing like the feeling of when your direct deposit finally hits.
5. You check your bank account app almost more than Facebook or Instagram.
And when you do, you pray for a double digit number.
6. There are two words that terrify you more than anything.
7. Shopping is torture…
Window shopping that is.
8. I really need a drink.
Jokes on you… that cocktail costs $12.
9. Your dog gets a haircut before you.
Well, maybe that’s only me.
10. You just really can’t wait until this stage is over.
It gets better, right?
In all seriousness, it will get better. College is a stepping stone to bigger and better things. All you can do now is work hard and do the best you can. If that means working with $67.71 in your bank account, then so be it. Use this time as a learning experience. One that will push you to bigger and better things. What do you want in life? Whatever it is you have to work for it! You’ll look back on this time with a sense of pride and gratefulness. So get out there, push yourself and don’t ever stop until you reach your dreams.